Saturday, June 02, 2007
Please Fred don't leave Law and Order...
Chris Kelly on Fred Thompson:
Obviously I'm missing something when it comes to the awesome charisma of Fred Thompson. Some of it is personal; I already have a father, so I didn't need Ronald Reagan. Some of it is professional; I once worked on a talk show that booked too many third-rate guests, and I had to write their padded introductions, so every time I hear Thompson described as "the star" of The Hunt for Red October, my joints cinch.
Here's Jonah Goldberg on Fred:
Here are just a few little-known facts about Fred Thompson:
- Every night before going to sleep, Osama bin Laden checks under his bed for Fred Thompson.
- Though Fred Thompson left the Senate in 2003, Harry Reid still hasn't stopped wetting his pants.
- Fred Thompson once ended a filibuster by ripping out a Senator's heart and showing it to him before he died.
- Only two things can kill Superman: Kryptonite and Fred Thompson.
- Fred Thompson once stood on our south border and glared at Mexico. There was no illegal immigration for a month.
- Fred Thompson vows not only to win in Iraq but also to forcefully free Vietnam from Communism, thus giving America a perfect win/loss record for wars again.
- Fred Thompson can open clamshell packaging without the slightest trouble.
These are just a few of the "Fred Thompson Facts" posted on the conservative humor site IMAO in March.