Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Think Green Thursday



Well, Michelle of Rambling Woods has agreed to take care of Pagan Sphinx's meme, THINK GREEN THURSDAY while PS is taking a well needed blogging hiatus.

I'm sooo glad! Here's my post for today:

Photobucket

This is Oakland Pond part of Alley Pond Park system, a 150 acres of woodlands, trails, streams and ponds plus an aquarium, animal care and education center.
Right in the heart of Queens, NY




The Alley Pond Environmental Center promotes awareness and understanding of the environment.

11 comments:

James said...

That looks great it also reminds me that I live near a state park and should go for a walk and enjoy nature.

Daryl said...

Fabulous shot ...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Beautiful shot...

Anonymous said...

What an awesome photo...

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Along the lines of Monet, Mary, lovely; refreshing! :)

Rinkly Rimes said...

I can hardly believe that's so near the city. But then, Central Park amazed me!

My offering

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/06/glory-green.html

Akelamalu said...

That is such a beautiful picture!

Amanda Guthrie said...

Hi Mary,
great tid bit thanks for the link I will check it out. Love the photo as well!

Rambling Woods said...

Hi Mary..I didn't know that this existed in Queens, but what a great place for wildlife...Perfect for Think Green ThursdaMichelle From Rambling Woods

y...

RA said...

Wonderful place! I hope there will be more and more places like this. Have a great day, Mary :)

Geraldine said...

Oh how beautiful! Green is my fav color. This is breathtaking.