Thursday, September 17, 2009

Looking at the Sky on Friday

 
Tisha, our Crazy Working Mom,  hosts Looking at the Sky on Friday.
This is 5Pointz in Long Island City, Queens.

5Pointz Aerosol Art Center, Inc. is an outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City, New York, considered to be the world’s premiere “graffiti Mecca,” where aerosol artists from around the globe paint colorful pieces on the walls of a 200,000-square-foot factory building.

What I hope you see looking at the photo is the sky in the windows of the factory. 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...I love it. Even the Graffiti is cool on the building.

Carolyn Ford said...

I like that! I agree about the graffiti...I don't condone it, but, sometimes it adds a little to a scene (don't tell anyone I said that).

Heidi said...

Very cool way to picture the sky! I love the idea of painting on the buiding, Sometimes Graffiti can look like art, it's just misplaced.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I always love visiting you!

Unknown said...

that's a nice view of the sky. the colorful graffiti makes it more interesting.:P

Maggie Moo said...

you KNOW how much I love graffiti-so cool!! It amazes me that they can do that with spray cans. I can't even spray paint a chair evenly!

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

This is a very creative way to showcase not only the building but the sky as well. Very nicely done, Mary!

Thanks for playing.