Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Obama Wins! Obama Wins!

I'm writing this post on Sunday, November 2, at 1:06 in the afternoon. I don't believe in jinxes,

I'm THAT sure that THE BEST PERSON for the job of POTUS is going to win on Tuesday, Election Day.

So I'm announcing



A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND

YOU ALWAYS GET THE OTHER KIND...

BUT NOT THIS TIME!




OBAMA WINS! OBAMA WINS!

He's won alright
He deserves the moment
for every dark face and white one too
who's hoped and prayed for an end
to the slaughter,
an end to the worry,
an end to easy lies.

He's won alright
because we believe him,
we trust him,
we know him in our hearts.

Check out Dianne at Forks Off the Moment who's blogging live as we "speak."

theteach

7 comments:

nonizamboni said...

Wonderful post and poem and photos (aliteration?)And I do believe him.
This has been such an exciting day and your post pretty much put me over the top in blog-dom.
Thanks!

Dianne said...

I would love to reach thru and hug you :)

maryt/theteach said...

Thanks Dianne, me reach over to you with a big HUG! :)

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, this makes tears well up!!! I do, I do....I DO believe in miracles.

Jan said...

Hope your right, I hope, I hope, I hope.

Travis Cody said...

No red states have flipped yet as of 9:15 eastern. The toss ups are too close to call at this hour.

So far it looks like everything has gone to projection. I've got my fingers crossed that your projection is correct.

It looks like Democrats have picked up 3 seats in the Senate so far.

Gattina said...

Congrats Mary !!! He won ! I saw the election party of the Americans living in Belgium (around 40 000) on local TV there was no sign of McCain, they were all for Obama !