THIRTEEN THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT BLOGGERS ON THE INTERNET
1. Not all bloggers blog about their cats. Not all of them love them and have at least three of them. Gattina has LOTS of cats: real ones, scuptures and figurines.
2. A few bloggers talk about their dogs. Usually not multiple dogs. But Misty of My Dogs Keep Me Sane has a few dogs (border collies) and obviously they keep her from being on medication. :)
3. Not all bloggers are incipient writers. Not all of them are talented. One or two are. Ian is one of the talented writer.
4. Some bloggers try to be funny. Some of them succeed and some fail terribly. Sandee is the funniest blogger on the Internet next to Matt-man.
5. Bloggers love awards. They give them out to all their friends, to bloggers they like, to bloggers with impressive blogs. There are so many awards... If you've never gotten an award let me know. I'll send you one.
6. Bloggers love memes and love to tag other bloggers with them. Memes keep bloggers busy so that they don't have down-time and have to leave their computer to do other things, such as make doctor appointments, take kids to school, take clothes to the cleaners or do the wash. If you haven't been tagged lately, let me know I can tag you right away!
7. Bloggers love to show off where they live. My state, my country, my mountain is better than your state, country, mountain. My town has beautiful rivers and streams; my village has sheep and goats.
8. Bloggers love to post pictures of vacations especially cruises. Here we are out all night dancing and eating at a gorgeous midnight buffet. And there you are bleary-eyed in front of the computer with no foreseeable break from your hum-drum life.
9. Bloggers need to tell you what their mood is for the day...happy, sad, bloggy (bloggy?), bitchy, distracted, predatory, energetic, quixotic (quixotic?) And sometimes the animated emoticons don't work. The one below is supposed to be "sleepy."
10. Blogger spend a heck of a lot of time posting to their blog for no compensation. So they struggle with whether they should BLOG FOR PAY. That is, write advertisements for some company that will or will not pay on time or ever. They take the chance that they will bore their fellow bloggers to tears. Bloggers who blog for pay run the risk that other bloggers will ignore their posts and leave no comments. :(
11. You can learn so much from bloggers. Many of them, like Sandy Carlson of Writing in Faith, write creatively about unusual things, for example, grafitti. Others write about flowers, grandium blosseous, or their children, humanos youngus. If you've never been a mother just spend a couple of weeks reading mommy blogs and you'll be ready to bring up scads of kids and not bat an eye.
12. Some bloggers tell you what they do for a living. Now some bloggers have interesting jobs, like Mo for instance. But most bloggers have dull, uninteresting jobs, that's why they're blogging.
13. Most bloggers LOVE blogging and give their all to it. They have created a world for themselves in the blogsphere. They are sympathetic and loving people who care about what happens to their fellow bloggers. They LIVE FOR comments and recognition. They usually give more than they get.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants