Friday, March 18, 2011

Fascinating Book Covers - Alice in Wonderland covers

Original cover with John Tenniel's art (above)

The typography on this turn-of-the-century edition, which features one of John Tenniel’s original illustrations, is to die for. Someone, please make this a font.

This apple-cheeked Alice, in her pretty, drop-waist skirt, is one of our favorites.

Here are just 3 of the Alice in Wonderland covers. In the coming weeks I'll post others (there are so many) for your enjoyment)

 This is modern  day Alice from the recent film


DawnTreader said...

Very nice. I have the complete illustrated works of Lewis Carroll in one volume. I've come to appreciate Alice more with the years than I did when I was young. And I actually loved the recent film!

Rinkly Rimes said...

Thank you for continuing your book-cover series. I love the 'Alice' covers.

Mama Zen said...

How neat!

OnePerfectDay said...

All 3 covers are great, but I'll take no.3, thanks!
It's gorgeous!!