Friday, March 18, 2011

Fascinating Book Covers - Alice in Wonderland covers

Original cover with John Tenniel's art (above)


1898
The typography on this turn-of-the-century edition, which features one of John Tenniel’s original illustrations, is to die for. Someone, please make this a font.


1910
This apple-cheeked Alice, in her pretty, drop-waist skirt, is one of our favorites.

Here are just 3 of the Alice in Wonderland covers. In the coming weeks I'll post others (there are so many) for your enjoyment)

 This is modern  day Alice from the recent film

4 comments:

DawnTreader said...

Very nice. I have the complete illustrated works of Lewis Carroll in one volume. I've come to appreciate Alice more with the years than I did when I was young. And I actually loved the recent film!

Rinkly Rimes said...

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/03/scentsational.html

Thank you for continuing your book-cover series. I love the 'Alice' covers.

Maude Lynn said...

How neat!

OnePerfectDay said...

All 3 covers are great, but I'll take no.3, thanks!
It's gorgeous!!