Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Monochrome Weekly Theme



Photobucket

There was a bit of a blur in this shot. I liked it so I used Adobe Photoshop Gaussian blur to give a little more atmosphere. I like it. Tell me what you think.

Aileni hosts this monochrome meme. Go to his blog to find other participants.

click tohttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/mxsnwbnny/a-dividers-black-1.jpg add title Pictures, Images and Photos


UPDATE

Aileni suggested I add a little more contrast to the photo and I did. I like it. But I was careful not to add too much because then I lose the "foggy" effect...



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fantastic

Judi said...

Very nice!

Desert Songbird said...

It looks like a fog has started to roll in. Nice effect.

Anonymous said...

I agree about 'fog' - a little more contrast would be good.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It looks really good to me.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great shot there Mary

Ivanhoe said...

It's mysterious...
:o)

Anonymous said...

It does look mystical and very proper thing to do at a place for reflection and dreaming and memory exploring!

Bim said...

I like it too. Either version :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmm. I think I prefer the first version because it feels more mysterious. ;-)

James said...

That's really neat and of course the perfect picture for monochrome.
This inspires me to expriment with photos.

Regina said...

Great captured.

floreta said...

love that it looks misty and even old.

Robin said...

I like the higher contrast, but you're definitely right to leave the fog.

Clueless in Boston said...

I like it as you did it. Gives it a slightly 'un-real' quality which works well in a cemetery. The only thing I may have done in addition would be to give it a slight sepia tone to enhance the atmosphere.

Daryl said...

Nice .. I like the ethereal feel .. and I LOVE benches .. nice!

annalarssonphotography said...

Truly amazing shots Mary!!

Have a great week!
Anna