Tisha is the hostess of Looking at the Sky this Friday. And did I get a real great shot of the sky this weekend.
In the background you can see The Robert F. Kenedy Bridge (formerly the Triboro Bridge)
The bridge below is the Hell Gate bridge which rises above the place where the East River and the Long island Sound come together.
The day we went out shooting the weather was beautiful. Warn and very breezy.
Trivia about Hell Gate
- Was a target for Nazi demolition experts during World War II as part of Operation Pastorius.
- Is a centerpiece of the 1991 film Queens Logic.
- Is prominently featured in the 1973 film Serpico.
- Depth of the East River beneath structure is about 75 feet (23 m).
- Would be the last New York City bridge to collapse if humans disappeared, taking at least a millennium to do so, according to the February 2005 issue of Discover magazine. Most other bridges would fall in about 300 years. 
- Was offered in miniature by famous toy train maker Lionel, the toy version being significantly 'abridged' due to the enormous size of the prototype.