Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Mimosa Award



I chose a couple of days ago to color my blog background Pantone's new color for 2009 -- MIMOSA

Mimosa Embodies Hopefulness and Reassurance in a Climate of Change

Pantone announced PANTONE® 14-0848 Mimosa, a warm, engaging yellow, as the color of the year for 2009. In a time of economic uncertainty and political change, optimism is paramount and no other color expresses hope and reassurance more than yellow.
“The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Mimosa also speaks to enlightenment, as it is a hue that sparks imagination and innovation.”


So I decided to create a MIMOSA AWARD and give it to some very wonderful people who epitomize hope and reassurance every day in their blogs. According to Pantone "The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance. Mimosa also speaks to enlightenment, as it is a hue that sparks imagination and innovation." The following bloggers are all these things!

So for the second time I award:


5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Thank you I feel energized already. I do really like the color. It is a honor.

storyteller said...

What a lovely surprise! I'm honored and humbled to receive this marvelous Mimosa Award, Mary. Thank you so very much ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Thank you very much! You have made my day (and night) after a very long day. Thank you.

Paz

Anonymous said...

Thanks Teach! What an honor!

Julie said...

Oh Mary! I am so excited about this award! I LOVE this color...for so many reasons. Thanks so much!