Friday, July 25, 2008

How do you tell the "GOOD GUYS" from the "BAD GUYS?"

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS!

THE BEST ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS ON THE POST:

"HOW DO YOU TELL THE GOOD GUYS FROM THE BAD GUYS?"

14 people participated in the contest. Thank you everyone! Now here are the winners...




First Prize goes to Your EG Tour Guide. EG said:

Hey Teach,
For sure, this is not an easy question. For one reason, bad operators are often smooth operators.

Having said that, I run from people who appear to
1. be manipulative.
2. feel superior.
3. think they know it all…before they’ve heard the question.
4. want to be in total control.

And I seek out people who
1. show compassion towards others.
2. see two sides before choosing which side they want to align themselves. (They know how to listen.)
3. share any credit as well as any blame.




Second Prize goes to Dianne of Forks Off the Moment. Dianne said:

The criteria I learned growing up was based on a very closed community and crazy parents.

To compensate for their judgments I think I learned very early to trust my OWN "spider senses" and take everyone and everything one-on-one.

Not to say that I don't have instant reactions - I do but I always ask myself where the reaction is coming from - them or me?

To muddy up the waters even more - I think more people need to realize that very good people can make mistakes that make them appear to be bad people on the surface.

Life is 3D after all.




Third Prize goes to ellen b of The Happy Wonderer. ellen said:

I have the unpopular belief that we are all bad guys needing grace and mercy everyday of our lives to do anything good! Without the intervention by God on our behalf no one can be good so generally I'm not impressed with white or black hats :0) I think the typically perceived bad guy can be a good guy and the typically good guy probably is a bad guy :0)

Feel free to take the badge and post it in your sidebar. If you do please let me know. :) All participants can take the badge below and post it.




theteach

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Thank you, Mary. It was a fun question to think about. In fact, I'm still thnking about it. ;-)

Dianne said...

thanks Mary - you've been very good to me this week.

I enjoyed reading all the responses and I think 'your eg..' and 'ellen' made some wonderful, insightful points.

ellen b. said...

Thanks Maryt. Where in the world did you find that album cover?! Fabulous...

Pappy said...

Hi Mary, Good SWF entry. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods. Pappy

Marilyn said...

I'm sorry I missed this one. Those were great answers.

Here's my belated answer anyway.

The bad guys are in administration. The good guys mop the floors. The rest of us are stuck in between.

Barb said...

Rats. I missed this one. I think there are no good or bad people, just good or bad behaviors.

Unknown said...

Excellent. I agree with your choices! They did a great job!

Unknown said...

Great responses from the winners, well earned wins. Mary love the contest idea :)
Will be putting the tag on my awarsds page :)