Tuesday, March 25, 2008


I'm sorry I can't let this go...


Pam Spaulding writes the following at Pam's House Blend about Hillary's big Bosnian Lie:

What is wrong with Hillary Clinton and her advisers? In an effort to promote her foreign policy experience -- and thus draw a contrast between the NY senator and Barack Obama, she boldly claimed on March 17 that she went on a harrowing, brave trip to Bosnia in 1996 as First Lady.

"I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia... we came in in an evasive maneuver... I remember landing under sniper fire... there was no greeting ceremony... we ran with our heads down, we basically were told to run to our cars... there was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, we basically were told to run to our cars, that is what happened."

Now as First Lady, she and her crack team of high-paid consultants should have known that there were not only reporters on the trip (and video) to blow away this account. But no, they stuck to their story, and the end result is that the video evidence has surfaced, making her look like a prevaricating resume padder.

And the Washington Post has a blow-by-blow account of the fibbing and the facts, including her 1996 traveling companion on that trip, the comedian Sinbad, who has no idea where Clinton's account came from.


Clinton herself when called on it said "Well, I guess I made a mistake. Just proves I'm human which might be a surprise to some people around here." She said it off-handedly as if to say "So what!" What? Has she and Cheney come to an agreement as to how to answer reporters questions that put them on the spot and embarrass them?

Yeah, I know all politicians are liars but Hillary should have known how easy it would be to call her on it. Is it that she doesn't give a damn? Maybe!

theteach


6 comments:

Sandee said...

See Mary, you finally figured out why I can't stand her. She is so above all of us. Well, in her mind anyway. Bill is one thing, but Hillary is quite another. She is the biggest fibber out there in my view. Big hug and have a great day. :)

Mo and The Purries said...

I agree with Sandee (and I'm a dyed in the wool Democrat) = Hillary just thinks she's above everything, including the truth.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a USA citizen but even so I love to be informed about what happens in that amazing country.

And let me say I'm amazed and shocked how bad can a campaign be guided by Hillary and her advisers.
It makes one wonder how can a probable winner become an almost certain looser...

But I also think (and I wouldn´t like that to happen) that the "Donkies" are just giving old McCain a big chance of winning it against all odds.

maryt/theteach said...

Quint, I will vote for either of the Democratic candidates come November but I would like to see Obama win the nomination. I hope this will be decided(the Democratic nomination) soon.

SandyCarlson said...

How disappointing. Probably has PTSD from the whole think and therefore can't think clearly about the past. What's the excuse going to be?

You know, I think Dr. Jack's up and coming campaign might get support. He may not be everyone's cuppa, but at least he accepts and respects that some people know when it's time to go!

Kimmie said...

Teach...Hillary's story put the icing on the cake for me. I could not believe that she out and out lied about the trip to Bosnia. What is that woman thinking? I am also a Democrat and to be honest, I am not crazy with either of the choices. I need a real affirmation from Obama in order for him to get my vote, and so far...I am not there yet. As for McCain...number one, I would never cross the line, plus I do not like the man at all.

This should prove to be more and more interesting as the months go on.
Blesings,
Kimmie