Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Everyday Kindness Meme

Sandee of Comedy Plus tagged me with the Everyday Kindness mene. In celebration of random acts of kindness week, Claudia of Everyday Kindness started this meme. The goal is to help us focus on being kind. Learning about each other is also nice, right?

Kind Fives

1. List five kind things you do for yourself. List five kind things you do for your closest friend, partner or child. List five kind things you have done for a stranger.

2. Tag five people.

Five kind things I do for myself: 1) Get my nails done. 2) Get a pedicure. 3) Buy a new outfit if I want one. 4) Treat myself to a movie once in a while. 5) I've stopped blaming myself.

Five kind things you do for my closest friend/husband/soulmate : 1) Take out the garbage 2) Make sure we eat dinner together. 3) Share the ups and downs. 4) Watch TV together and let him watch what he wants sometimes. 5) Sew on buttons for him.

List five kind things you have done for a stranger: 1) Reached the item on the upper shelf of the supermarket. 2) Driven a cashier home when her shift is over. 3) Shared Christmas presents with the girl at the video store. 4) Helped a stranger across the street. 5) Given away my book that someone showed an interest in.

I tag the following people to participate in the Everyday Kindness:
Nap Warden @ The Chronicles of a SAHM
Colin @ Life
Holly @ Mama Pajama
Marilyn @ More Random Than Average
Stine @ Mother's Got A Dot Com


theteach

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Maryt,
I will do this one tomorrow or Wednesday....I have a pile of them stacked ceiling high LOL
So look out :o)
Have a wonderful week my friend,
Take care,
Colin from Life

maryt/theteach said...

Thanks Colin!

Sandee said...

Thanks for playing along. I added you to the tag list. You are indeed a very nice person Teach. :)

Sharon said...

Hi! I like this list, if everyone were consciously kinder this would be a better world.

Cynthia said...

I've been tagged!

RW said...

Your a awesome person Mary & you rock!! :D

Marilyn said...

I will have to really think about this one. It would probably put me in a much better frame of mind though.

Gattina said...

Very nice ! I see wings growing at your back !

NuttyGal said...

Wow, you have done some really kind things for strangers - how lovely :o)

Thanks for your comment on my Thankful Thursday post. I am hooked to Nathan's blog - it is truly amazing. They had their baby 8 weeks ago and she has only just been able to hold her. They are a beautiful and inspiring family.

Much Love
Jo
x