Sunday, May 06, 2007

Thomas Sowell Quote



"When I see the worsening degeneracy in our politicians, our media, our educators, and our intelligentsia, I can’t help wondering if the day may yet come when the only thing that can save this country is a military coup."

Oh Thomas, what are you suggesting? No matter how much I might want Bush outta there - a military coup? Your blanket denigration of politicians, journalists, teachers and the intelligentia (of which I would think you think you are one) in the U.S. is...is...ridiculous. Are you suggesting th
at the military coup would FIX things? Where is your head? What coup has ever FIXED anything?

What would the military coup do? SAVE the country? Ridiculous! I wish I had another word...I hate to repeat myself.

Did you forget
Muammar al-Qaddafi, leader of Libya (1969–) came to power by coup?

In Pakistan, so did President Pervez Musharraf who has reneged on promises to limit his power and his pledges to halt corruption have had little if any success.

Things aren't going so well in Thailand after the coup there last September (Chicago Tribune).

Your phrase "worsening degeneracy" is an exxageration, hyperbole, a phrase meant to frighten, a phrase that can't be proved or disproved. And as a result has no value.

theteach





No comments: